Sunday 6 September 2009

Fedora 11 Linux experience

I started using Fedora 11 shortly after the final release was launched. Yet, I've been using other Linux distribuitions and releases for many years.

From this experience, I concluded that it's important to have a record of all the tweaks made to Linux installations. I started those records on paper, a small booklet/notepad that I keep with my own annotations on several subjects.

After a while, I realized that:
  • It's not practical.
  • Won't be helpful to anyone else.
Therefore I decided that I should place all this information online, thus helping myself and others (hopefully).

The result is this blog, that tracks random events on my F11 experience, and a site that aggregates information, and can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/fedora11config/.

No comments:

Post a Comment